Translate

Monday 22 April 2013

A NIGHT'S WISH



Thought I should share this poem: Someone had me inspired on such a night and I had to write these words down:

The night is gradually faltering,
And the thoughts,
On my mind slowly diminish,
Cultivating a cool atmosphere,
For sleep to overpower me,
Inevitably, waiting the dawn of a new day.
The muted light escaping into the room,
Stops my mind,
From wandering away to utopia,
I start imagining the beauty of the sky,
Studded with sparkling stars-
For a moment, 
I envy their content way of existence,
A presumption made by watching them glitter;
An urge to catch a glimpse,
Of the tranquil and idyllic  night awakens,
Apace, but carefully,
I head for the window,
Surprisingly, the conspicuous moon is in view-
So enormous and ravishing;
Unexpectedly, I descry, 
A scud of dark clouds fast approaching,
An augury that rain is on the horizon,
I savor the spectacular sight,
Which purely purge the sadness,
From my heart,
Softly as the bright sky,
Disappears in the shadows,
I utter a wish;
My night's wish...
'If only I could feel the sky with my bare hands'

No comments:

Post a Comment